Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Waking Up To Surprise Snow

The weather forecast said we'd have some snow, but not much. That usually translates into no snow at all, so we were surprised to wake up to something pretty. 

This was the view from our bedroom balcony looking north. It was still snowing in the mountains up there. That translates into good business for the ski resorts in Angel Fire, Sipapu, and Taos.


 Looking down into the yard I like how the snow enhances the flagstones. How about a quilt with that flagstone design? (Yeah, let's just put that on the ideas list.)


When I looked straight down from the balcony, this is what I saw.



It'll all be gone by tomorrow, with temps in the 40's today and the wind blowing like a ten year old boy trying to put out his birthday candles.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love snow AND New Mexico! I can smell the pinon burning in your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! What's on your mind?