Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Quilty Pleasures: Bee Potholder

The Chicken River Modern Quilt Guild had a potholder swap the other day and this was my offering.


Sis-in-law Pattie found this cute paper pieced bee pattern for FREE, compliments of Badskirt. Thanks, Badskirt, this little guy came together easily and quickly, which was good, since I waited until the last minute to get my potholder made.

Here is a closeup. I used fused applique to place the bee on the potholder. Whoops! He needs antennae.


And the back:


Both the back and wings fabric are from the Noteworthy line by Moda.  The lime green leaf stripe is from Simply Color by Moda.

I don't have a photo yet of the potholder I received, but it is cute and you will see it soon, really!

1 comment:

I love your comments! What's on your mind?