Search This Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

International Quilting Day: My Favorite Quilt

In the 12 or so years since I began quilting in our daughter's bedroom after she went off to college, I've made and given away more quilts than I can remember. Note to new quilters: take a photo of each quilt you make and put it in a safe place so when you are old and senile, you have it right there.

My favorite quilt, though, is one I kept and hangs on the living room wall. Why do I love it?

1. It's the first quilt I made where I didn't have a clue how it would look at the end.
2. My brain was so engaged in making this quilt that I even dreamed about it.
3. Looking at it is always a new experience. And not because I am old and senile, but because there are surprises, like that fabric in the bottom right,  different from the rest of the border.


 Thanks, Pattie Prothero, for inspiring me to start this most rewarding occupation.

1 comment:

  1. Your comment on my tea towel quilt led me to your blog. I LOVE this quilt. Lately, I have been working in the mode of not knowing how things will turn out and just jumping in ... and I'm having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! What's on your mind?