Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mamablogue: Milking Almonds

 We are still traveling, so posts have been a little thin lately. I saw this today, though, and was whoopdeedooo happy because both recipes here are for stuff I like: almond milk and muffins.

Last year I stopped drinking cow's milk because of tummy aches and all that goes with that: bloating and gas among other things that would amount to too much information. I switched to almond milk and my tum feels much better except when I eat cheese, another dairy item I am eating sparingly unless an exceptional Cowgirl Creamery cheese calls, like a Siren luring me toward the dangerous rocks. Then I say, "What the heck," and pay the price later.

Our niece Teri has a blog devoted to parenting and today's post has a recipe for home made almond milk and another for apple muffins. Here's a link to her blog and both recipes.

Enjoy!       Mamablogue: Milking Almonds

2 comments:

  1. Wow Auntie, I'm honored! Thanks for posting this. And I can totally relate to the dairy issue. No fun, but oh so hard to resist sometimes. I do find that raw milk is much, much easier on me though. May want to give it a try if you haven't already. Happy and safe travels to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://blog.karenfayeth.com/

    Check this site out, the lady used to live in NM and now lives in CA and writes about NM

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! What's on your mind?