Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Snow in the High Country: Northern New Mexico

For those who like to ski, Sipapu Ski Resort, just north of Mora, NM, has opened for your skiing pleasure. I do not know how to ski, but I've put snow tubing at each local ski resort on my bucket list. I'd also like to ride down a snowy hill on one of those ski bikes.

In the meantime, we will take walks in the snow. Nope, no snow here at the Nickel and Dime, but last week between Angel Fire and Taos was plenty of snow for our hiking pleasure.

It was a brilliant day, sunglasses needed.



Ms. P raced around, making figure 8's, wallowing in the snow and generally having a "isn't it great to be a dog" day.


Below in a more sedate moment:


We are hoping for more snow because it adds moisture to the soil, but so far it's just in the higher elevations. But a man and his dog can hope for more, can't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! What's on your mind?